For your convenience, I have included pictures in order to give you a better feel of the trips and what you might expect to see while taking them.
California & Other Area's
Welcome, below is a list of trips that I have done and would highly recommend in California & Other Area's
Trip #1 The Lake of the Woods. This trip is located about 4 miles outside of South Shore Tahoe at Echo Summit the trailhead begins at Lower Echo Lake and is about 5 miles in and 10 miles round trip, though you can cut 5 miles off the round trip by going to the Echo Chalet and paying $7 to take the water taxi (7a.m. - 7p.m., 2 hikers minimum) to upper Echo Lake and start your hike there. There is a call box for return trips by water taxi. Call Echo Chalet at 530 659-7207 for more information on water taxi. This is a great trip for a starter to your season or if your just looking for something relaxing and not too long, say for a couple of days or so I will say one thing the scenery in this region is fantastic but the fishing is not.
1. Looking accross Echo Lake at The Lake of the Woods trailhead.
2. Looking back from trail at both upper and lower Echo lakes.
3. Looking back farther up the trail.
4. Arriving at The Lake of the Woods.
5. The Lake of the Woods.
6. The Lake of the Woods.
7. Heading up from the lake to explore.
8. Looking down on an unnamed lake.
10. Stream from melting snow.
11. Pond from melting snow.
13. View from above The Lake of the Woods.
14. Aloha Lake in the distance.
15. Water flowing downstream from Aloha Lake.
16. View from around The Lake of the Woods.
18. Water flowing down from Aloha Lake area.
17. Drainage lake's in Desolation Wilderness.
19. Water flowing from Aloha Lake area.
20. Flowers around The Lake of the Woods.
24. Another view above The Lake of the Woods.
25. The outlet for The Lake of the Woods.
26. The Lake of the Woods at the end of the day.
27. Final look at the lake before I leave.
28. Final look at Pyramid Peak before I leave.
Trip #2 Hungry Packer Lake. This trip is about 10 miles in 20 miles round trip, the trailhead begins at Lake Sabrina and is called the Sabrina Basin Trailhead. If you want to take horses in or want to walk in and have the horses carry your packs there is a pack station called Bishop Outfitters located at the end of North Lake Rd off the right of HWY 168 between Bishop and Lake Sabrina. This trip is a great one do to all the lakes in the region being so close to each other. The views are spectacular and the fishing is great everywhere you go but don't expect to catch large trout as these lakes are to high in elevation, for the big fish you will have to go to Lake Sabrina.
1. Sabrina Basin Mtn Range from Lake Sabrina.
3. Sabrina Basin Trailhead. (ARE TRIP STARTS)
4. Blue Lake. The first lake of the trip.
5. Fishing Blue Lake from camp.
6. Kicking back in camp. Blue Lake.
7. View of Blue Lake from camp.
8. Enjoying the scenery. Blue Lake.
9. Swinging in the Hammock. Blue Lake.
11. Fishing Dingleberry the next lake of the trip.
12. Fishing Dingleberry Lake.
13. Arriving at Hungry Packer Lake.
14. Snowmelt into Hungry Packer Lake.
15. Looking back as we hike to Moonlight Lake.
16. Looking back again during the hike.
17. Waterfall & stream on the way to Moonlight.
18. Looking as we get closer to Moonlight Lake.
19. Looking down on Moonlight Lake.
20. Our campsight on Moonlight Lake.
21. Fishing Moonlight Lake.
22. Fishing Moonlight Lake.
23. Fishing Moonlight Lake.
24. Mossy Stream flowing into Moonlight L.
25. Mossy stream flowing into Moonlight L.
26. Flowers around Moonlight Lake.
27. Flowers around Moonlight Lake.
28. Sunset on Moonlight Lake.
29. Moonlight Lake to my right as I hike around.
30. Looking down on Moonlight Lake.
31. Hikers at the inlet of Moonlight Lake.
32. The Mountains as I scout around Moonlight L
33. More Mountain shots as I scout around.
35. Another shot of the Mountains.
36. Shot of the river coming out of Lake Sabrina.
37. Shot of a nice size trout in the river and the end of our trip.